Application

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Astrall_*

Guest_Astrall_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:54 PM

Hey everyone,

I'd like to submit myself for consideration. My situation's a bit weird (but common to hear, I'd imagine): I used to play iRo like, ten years ago? And I've just picked it up again recently. As a result, my characters/gear/data are fairly outdated and I'm working on getting informed and caught up.

At the moment, though, I'm thinking about what to invest in, both character and guild wise. So I thought I'd figure out who'd like to guild up first. And here I am. :)

Name - what should we call you? Christopher.

Character name: Mahanon (for now)
Character class: Current candidates: 85ish Scholar, 92 High Wiz, 85 Priest, 87 Sin. Other rando's.

Character level: As above.
Ragnarok experience:: I started in open beta and played until right around Thanatos release (2006 ish?).

Past guild experience and why you left: I was in Seiryoku on Loki way back when. I quit as a combination of life changes, heartbreak, and my brother wanting me to play WoW with him.

WoE availability: Weds for sure, some (maybe most or all, depending) saturdays and sundays.
--
WoE gears: I don't know what the current WoE expectations are, so this is tough to answer.

• Head1
  • Head2:
  • Head3
  • Armor:
  • Shield
  • Garment
  • Shoes
  • Weapon
  • Accessory1
  • Accessory2
  • Gears I'm trying to get: Informed, then class-relevant. Most of what I have now is priest/mage stuff. I have quite the bank to liquidate as needed.

What is your role in WoE? Class wise? I'm open to suggestions as to what to level. What I bring tends to be "answers to odd situations". The last time I did WoE, we kept getting wrecked by a GTB equpped Stalker who'd recall his guild into the emp room... until it occurred to me that Grav Field would pierce GTB and Stalking. After that I was on Grav field duty on my High Wiz when defending.
Do you have Mumble and a mic? No mumble (easy to get though) and yes I have a mic.

Why do you want to join LR? I hear it's where all the hotties are. Ok, srs though: The events you guys posted on the warpportal forums are awesome (backslide race, navice race through mino maze) makes you all seem like a fun bunch. And for all of the reasons listed in my next answer.
Sell yourself - What can you bring to LR? 3 things: 1. Customizability. As I said, I'd be happy to main almost anything at this point, so tell me what you need most and I can fill it. 2. I'm a damn good gamer. Yes I'm currently underleveled and uninformed, but that won't always be true... and once it's not, watch out. I'm a surprisingly clever and effective bastard once I get my bearings. and 3: I'm pretty swell to be around. I just want to have a good time.

Honestly, I remember iRo as being so much more fun with a guild; having a group of people you see every time you log in, to go hang out with, do stuff with, chat with... it really did feel more like a family. I'm looking for cool folks to settle in and do some power gaming with.

I expect my lack of levels will be a deal breaker, but fingers crossed. Take care all!

#2 kitkat

kitkat

not even a pleb

• WoE Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:35 PM

+1 

#3 Drake of Mayfil

Drake of Mayfil

Funkybutt

• Glittering Geckos
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

+1

I joined LR about 2 years ago in a similar situation to you. 

#4 Mumu

Mumu

just a pleb

• WoE Member
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationJacksonville FL

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

+1 Yay more pre-renewal Loki server peeps.

#5 Itachi

Itachi

pleb master

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:45 AM

+1

You put a lot of effort into this app. Hope it's a good sign you'll be active and catch up quick!

Also because another original loki :P

#6 Easly

Easly

pleb master

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationHouston

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

+1 cuz loki master race. Nice to see people that actually put effort into their application though.

#7 SisterEvangeline

SisterEvangeline

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationOh hai hoe

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:01 AM

+1 because seeing all the work put into this application made me smile. :)

#8 Hunni Bunny <3er

Hunni Bunny <3er

Chu Chu <3

• Smuuchie <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:47 AM

+1 Likes the App ^_^

#9 Bad Memories

Bad Memories

just a pleb

• WoE Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:55 PM

Honestly, I remember iRo as being so much more fun with a guild; having a group of people you see every time you log in, to go hang out with, do stuff with, chat with... it really did feel more like a family.

^ This  ;(  +1 

1st & 2nd Account

YOUTUBE

#10 meditation

meditation

Loki's Realm Forever <3

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:22 PM

Awesome application! Right attitude :) +1

#11 Hog

Hog

Undercover Wizzard in Muggle's World

• Licious, the Licious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • GenderNot Telling
  • LocationThomas' Music Burrow

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:27 PM

+1. Pre-req: Always call Hissis calango whenever you see him.

• SisterEvangeline likes this

#12 Guest_Astral_*

Guest_Astral_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

Aww you all are so supportive. <3

If you need to find me in-game, I'm mostly leveling my Sin at the moment: ~Kazmar~

#13 Hunni Bunny <3er

Hunni Bunny <3er

Chu Chu <3

• Smuuchie <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:32 AM

Were all at east pront if u wanna derp arround :)

#14 Ash

Ash

not even a pleb

• WoE Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationStuck In Between Some Cliffs In The Grand Canyon.

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

+1 I loved the application!And levelling is no issue.If you have the time and buddy support you can get to max in a month(Since your a first timer and wayy faster later on)

Especially this part!Astrall, on 21 Nov 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

2. I'm a damn good gamer. Yes I'm currently underleveled and uninformed, but that won't always be true... and once it's not, watch out. I'm a surprisingly clever and effective bastard once I get my bearings. 

Good one!

If you never advice regarding levelling(or power levelling) feel free to ask me I'm usually at East pront along with the other guys or else in lighthalzen.(All characters that name with Ash and Ryan Sky)

Everything will be Daijobu :)

#15 Guest_Astral_*

Guest_Astral_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

*Laugh* I swing by east pront from time to time - trouble is, I'm either out somewhere leveling, or vending. This is what Gchat is for. :P

I'm sort of leveling in Prison 1 right now. It seemed like a reasonable place for xP, relatively quiet, and random crimson katars for leveling my wallet. I've noticed a lot of people talking about high and mid TI, but something tells me they don't mean Turtle Island...

#16 SisterEvangeline

SisterEvangeline

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationOh hai hoe

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

We don't actually really even use guild chat all that often, so you aren't missing much. And whenever somebody says TI nowadays, they mean grandpa turn ins in Eden. Low is 70-100, mid is 101-125 and high is 126-150, and they're a really fast way to level!

#17 Crime

Crime

not even a pleb

• WoE Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

I would recommend you to watch LOTS AND LOTS of videos, because you have a loooooot to catch up on. The game is, in lots of ways (including WoE), really different. So you should take a good look to also make sure this is still the type of game you want to play!

I don't have any channel in particular from youtube to recommend you, since i'm not familiar with who creates what kind of content (i'm mostly from bRO, the brazilian server). But if you pick a theme and ask around, you may find lots of examples.

You should also take into consideration that, although Loki's Realm is a really warm and receptive guild, it is WoE based. In that sense, you should focus a part of your time to just straight up "follow the metagame" (meaning: choose a viable class/function for WoE, learn the gears and stats, learn the consumables used, learn how to basically move around Realms and Castles, and then level your character/acquire money and other resourcers towards that goal). Also, there is a LOT of info that you can gather by yourself nowadays (specially from the website iROwiki and, as i said, youtube videos. Which means that you should do your best to "catch up" on the infos!).

In my opinion, as long as you end up liking the game, and want to improve and learn, +1 from me.

Hydro_Sign_SFundo_zpska7shqdm_C_pia.png

#18 Digs

Digs

what the fox says

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:02 AM

+1 like people said, you've really put a lot of effort into this application :)

i really like people who want to learn and improve, gl with the app!

Posted Image

#19 Itachi

Itachi

pleb master

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

Munbalanced has really good renewal videos, even though it's for a private server. But it's close enough to ours that there's a lot of useful stuff to take from them.

#20 ashuckel

ashuckel

Kappa

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

Except when he tries to explain how stuff are calculated, and his fail attempts to roast iRO with incorrect info :)
Ah
+1.1

giphy.gif?w=300&h=145

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users