Totally new player to iRO, looking for a guild to WoE with.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amogh's application_*

Guest_Amogh's application_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:25 PM

Name - what should we call you? Amogh is my real name and that works.
Character name: HeathCliff31 (made this 2 years ago on an SAO rush)
Character class: Swordsman going DB RK

Character level: 14 as of now
Ragnarok experience: 
Now this is the tricky part. None whatsoever on iRO. But i did play the most infamous private server in RO history- LimitRO for 4 years. Was WoEing there for the majority of that duration every week. Server is dead right now with all PvPers playing WoE and treating it as a solo game and my friends in the old guild quit too so i am done with that place and my alternative game ToS didnt work out as expected right now so I need a WoE server and I guess its not as broken in official as compared to whats out there on the current kRO patch. I can help you guys adapt to the incoming meta upto a certain extent too as well.
Past guild experience and why you left: 

Played DD/FS DB RK for the most part and used Deathbound a whole lot since the server I was on had SB/IB/HS meta due to the kRO Old Bio HG patch. Used to be the Luxanima slave for pushing into SE Emp rooms under pneuma-bragi walk. I am the most comfortable on this class and this also makes me have a lot of fun. SG+marina freeze with a mailbreaker is pretty much fun.

Played SC too for a lot of time but due to me starting that class late, couldnt play it to the full potential as it should have been. Did gear it nicely but there was a lot of other stuff that we had to make our chars OP. With age my hands have become quite slow now. Unfortunately I am almost 24.

WoE availability: I am in India atleast upto the fall(applying for a graduate course in the US so we never know) so for now I can make it to SE. Not sure about TE since SE will happen at 5:30 am my time and I guess I will go sleep early that day. I can make one of them for sure every week. FE is a strict no since I have to go to work.
--
WoE gears:

• Head1: 
  • Head2: 
  • Head3: 
  • Armor:
  • Shield: 
  • Garment: 
  • Shoes: 
  • Weapon: 
  • Accessory1: 
  • Accessory2: 
  • Gears I'm trying to get: 

I used to stack a fair mix of either full HP or full redux. So for the HP combo I am looking at V coro+FQM+Spiker Scarf and if its redux then prolly Abysmal Knight Helm+BoG and GPipe. Armor would be +6 WoE Suit (Marc) or G suit if I can farm Hagalaz rune mats in bulk before each WoE then I can use prolly anything else that works. Same goes for the Luxanima thing. And the most important Dex boots[1] Since slotted boots cant be enchanted here as of now those work nicely with a Verit card and matyr if i want to adjust my masq resistances. And not to forget the amazing Urs Seals
Not looking at higher tier stuff right now since I am not sure how to get that here and I have had a really bad luck in refining gears in my RO experience so +6 should be fine for now
What is your role in WoE?
My role in WoE is to spam DB and howl with all my might for 2 hours straight till my fingers bleed and not let anyone pass the defense point as and whenever instructed. I do like to follow orders of people who have more experience then me in any situation and I can be the motivator too.
Not that the example matters but I motivated my former guild which had 14 people to keep on pushing against a 30 member Emp room by promising a song and we got the castle and kept it too. (I am really bad at singing btw). Sadly the guild kinda disbaned 2 weeks into this happening and I never sang for them.
Do you have Mumble and a mic?

Dont have Mumble but i do have a mic and i believe if its a team game like WOE/DotA you need to have a voice comm to make it easier.

Why do you want to join LR?
Honestly you guys give me the feel of a learning yet experienced guild who can help a noob like me learn the way things are in iRo and also give me my weekly fix of WoE because my other games are really not that interesting to me anymore. Theorycrafting RO was an important part of my life atleast upto a few weeks ago.
Sell yourself - What can you bring to LR? 

Dedication to your guild, I am like a loyal dog to any association I am with and I guess I will be useful in a pinch as a moral support or something like that.

P.S-
I might not even fit your criteria for recruitment and I am fine with it. But atleast talk to me and tell me how things work here. I used to max one char in 4 hours by leeching on the old server and i dont mind if this place takes me a month or so. Always on the lookout to make more online friends and visit them once I save up enough cash irl.
I might get frustrated with myself or anyone if mistakes are being made which might cause high volume talking on comms which I am apologizing for already but I just have some bad experience dealing with people who had one job to do on WoE. Minstrel not bragi walking and keeping apple on all the time or AB who didnt have Pneuma or a masq SC who had less redux then a killer class to name a few.

#2 SisterEvangeline

SisterEvangeline

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationOh hai hoe

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

WoE gears:

used to stack a fair mix of either full HP or full redux. So for the HP combo I am looking at V coro+FQM+Spiker Scarf and if its redux then prolly Abysmal Knight Helm+BoG and GPipe. Armor would be +6 WoE Suit (Marc) or G suit if I can farm Hagalaz rune mats in bulk before each WoE then I can use prolly anything else that works. Same goes for the Luxanima thing. And the most important Dex boots[1] Since slotted boots cant be enchanted here as of now those work nicely with a Verit card and matyr if i want to adjust my masq resistances. And not to forget the amazing Urs Seals
Not looking at higher tier stuff right now since I am not sure how to get that here and I have had a really bad luck in refining gears in my RO experience so +6 should be fine for now

Not sure what the V coro, FQM, spiker scarf, or BoG are but I don't think we have them here on iRO? (Could be wrong, somebody correct me if I am!) We don't have Gentleman's Pipe either, but we do have Hanky in mouth that gives demi reduc in lower headgear. I'm not sure what good RK gears are to get, although I'm pretty sure the WoE suit set is basic/budget gear. 

What is your role in WoE?

My role in WoE is to spam DB and howl with all my might for 2 hours straight till my fingers bleed and not let anyone pass the defense point as and whenever instructed. I do like to follow orders of people who have more experience then me in any situation and I can be the motivator too.
Not that the example matters but I motivated my former guild which had 14 people to keep on pushing against a 30 member Emp room by promising a song and we got the castle and kept it too. (I am really bad at singing btw). Sadly the guild kinda disbaned 2 weeks into this happening and I never sang for them.

Basically the same here on iRO! Spam DB and WDB with occasionally throwing the rune skills in.

P.S-

I might not even fit your criteria for recruitment and I am fine with it. But atleast talk to me and tell me how things work here. I used to max one char in 4 hours by leeching on the old server and i dont mind if this place takes me a month or so. Always on the lookout to make more online friends and visit them once I save up enough cash irl.
I might get frustrated with myself or anyone if mistakes are being made which might cause high volume talking on comms which I am apologizing for already but I just have some bad experience dealing with people who had one job to do on WoE. Minstrel not bragi walking and keeping apple on all the time or AB who didnt have Pneuma or a masq SC who had less redux then a killer class to name a few.

I didn't ever play LimitRO, but I'm pretty sure the exp rates here a lot less than what they were over there. It's still pretty easy to get to 3rd job though. For leveling, I definitely recommend you to get VIP if you have't already cuz that'll help a lot. And then you can get free mercenaries in Eden Group (NPC right outside the kitchen entrance). I usually do spores to 14, Ant eggs/ants until 30, orcs to 56 or j50, whichever comes last, do the Eden Maneater turn in quest to 71, then usually go to Juno and do the harpy bounty board until 85 and start Low TI until 99. 

TI's are from an NPC in eden called Gramps behind the counter. There's Low (70-100), Mid (101-125) and High (126-150). Although you could do Low TI right after Eden quest, sometimes it's difficult and not really worth the time until 85 based on my own experiences. After that it's pretty much Bio4 Bounty Boards in Lhz to 175, and/or do the Big Bell bounty board for Nightmare Clock Tower. Here's a list of all the bounty boards in case there's other ones you want to check out.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

Not sure what the V coro, FQM, spiker scarf, or BoG are but I don't think we have them here on iRO? (Could be wrong, somebody correct me if I am!) We don't have Gentleman's Pipe either, but we do have Hanky in mouth that gives demi reduc in lower headgear. I'm not sure what good RK gears are to get, although I'm pretty sure the WoE suit set is basic/budget gear. 

Basically the same here on iRO! Spam DB and WDB with occasionally throwing the rune skills in.

I didn't ever play LimitRO, but I'm pretty sure the exp rates here a lot less than what they were over there. It's still pretty easy to get to 3rd job though. For leveling, I definitely recommend you to get VIP if you have't already cuz that'll help a lot. And then you can get free mercenaries in Eden Group (NPC right outside the kitchen entrance). I usually do spores to 14, Ant eggs/ants until 30, orcs to 56 or j50, whichever comes last, do the Eden Maneater turn in quest to 71, then usually go to Juno and do the harpy bounty board until 85 and start Low TI until 99. 

TI's are from an NPC in eden called Gramps behind the counter. There's Low (70-100), Mid (101-125) and High (126-150). Although you could do Low TI right after Eden quest, sometimes it's difficult and not really worth the time until 85 based on my own experiences. After that it's pretty much Bio4 Bounty Boards in Lhz to 175, and/or do the Big Bell bounty board for Nightmare Clock Tower. Here's a list of all the bounty boards in case there's other ones you want to check out.

Hello there. Thanks for the response gave me some idea how to go about things.  I can go to Anthell and kill the eggs atm. My damage on them is pretty low though but after using blessing+agi scrolls it increases

LimitRO is a 100x server so its 100 times slower which isnt a problem tbh. I have quite some free time so i can level up easily as long as I know what is needed to be done.

Those items were fairly common in my server and worked wonders with a DB RK build. I can adapt regardless since the only thing that I really need are Dexboots[1] and WoE Suit+6

Thanks for the response and do let me know what the guild's decision is about me joining whenever it comes up.

#4 kitkat

kitkat

not even a pleb

• WoE Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:06 AM

+1 great app, cant wait to see you join us! 

#5 WolfTri

WolfTri

pleb master

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:17 AM

WoE availability: I am in India atleast upto the fall(applying for a graduate course in the US so we never know) so for now I can make it to SE. Not sure about TE since SE will happen at 5:30 am my time and I guess I will go sleep early that day. I can make one of them for sure every week. FE is a strict no since I have to go to work.

Just making it clear, FE and SE are at 5:30 am. TE is at 10:30 pm (IST). And Loki's Realm is not a TE guild. Some LR members have a TE guild of their own, called redemption TE. That has a separate website.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

Just making it clear, FE and SE are at 5:30 am. TE is at 10:30 pm (IST). And Loki's Realm is not a TE guild. Some LR members have a TE guild of their own, called redemption TE. That has a separate website.

Yes. I am confirming my application for SE only since making 2 chars simultaneously isnt feasible right now. 

I see that you are also from India. I am based in Mumbai whats your city?

#7 WolfTri

WolfTri

pleb master

• WoE Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Yes. I am confirming my application for SE only since making 2 chars simultaneously isnt feasible right now. 

I see that you are also from India. I am based in Mumbai whats your city?

Ah. Hyderabad here. 

But yeah if you're willing to stay up late/wake up early enough for sat woe, I don't see why not.

Except, of course, leveling and gearing.

Depending on how much you're going to spend on the game, it will take anywhere between 2 months - 2 years. VIP is pretty much essential after 3rd job. Battle Manuals become essential after like 110.

#8 Guest_strada ridge_*

Guest_strada ridge_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Ah. Hyderabad here. 

But yeah if you're willing to stay up late/wake up early enough for sat woe, I don't see why not.

Except, of course, leveling and gearing.

Depending on how much you're going to spend on the game, it will take anywhere between 2 months - 2 years. VIP is pretty much essential after 3rd job. Battle Manuals become essential after like 110.

Hmm, currently doing TI. Using steam to access iRO so getting a VIP isnt a concern. My usual playtime should be atleast 4 hours daily and if i know what to do it wont be a problem,

#9 meditation

meditation

Loki's Realm Forever <3

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts
  • GenderMale

Posted 05 December 2016 - 01:40 AM

+1, you seem motivated and that's a good thing. Also you made a really detailed application and took the effort to do so which is another good thing :)

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2016 - 04:41 AM

+1, you seem motivated and that's a good thing. Also you made a really detailed application and took the effort to do so which is another good thing :)

Thanks. In the time from the application I am already lvl 33.

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

So I am kinda stuck at lvl 38. I have to kill Creamy and elder Willow. Can anyone help me with how to go to the highest spawn map? Iirc Elder Willow is My Mjolir2

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2016 - 07:58 AM

Just FYI, became a Knight today. Its more slower then expected but I should be able to trans by the end of the week if everything goes by nicely.

#13 Dom Toretto

Dom Toretto

just a pleb

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • GenderMale
  • LocationMumbai

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

bro prolly get vip ...since today thursday is maintainance and we are getting an exp event so it will be easier for u to trans within the week.

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2016 - 08:26 PM

bro prolly get vip ...since today thursday is maintainance and we are getting an exp event so it will be easier for u to trans within the week.

I tried. Some steam overlay issue. Put it on ticket on steam as well as WP and spoke with that Vmod Cinnamon i guess

#15 Kami Kali

Kami Kali

i am the master race

• Administrators
  • 5,431 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:45 AM

I really like how you keep us updated. Once you trans, I'll accept! :)

• Easly and meditation like this

9a983c50b33cbd8e2326ca3db27d878f.png

#16 Thallein

Thallein

not even a pleb

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • GenderNot Telling

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:59 PM

Very informative young lad here. Communication is key! 

+1

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:00 PM

I really like how you keep us updated. Once you trans, I'll accept! :)

At 83/44 atm. Leeching in TI with some randoms. 

Thanks for the motivation boost though.

Also got a Thara Frog card while doing Bounty lol.

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:53 AM

Question. is there any good spot to level up other then low TI at 86? Harpy and Goat is kinda tough for me atm.

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:21 PM

Got to 93/50 through TI. Since no VIP i cant convert the Exp to Base Exp. 

#20 SisterEvangeline

SisterEvangeline

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• WoE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • GenderFemale
  • LocationOh hai hoe

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

Just keep trudging along there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users